Now that we've completed aerification on both courses we will be addressing our lack of detail work over the last few week such as edging cart-paths, weed issues, sprinkler edging and weedeating along hazard lines.
Below is a list of things we will be working on starting on Monday and continuing throughout the summer.
- Filling in the first fairway bunker on the right of #14 north which was part of the master plan. The leveling will be complete by Wednesday and the sod work should be done by Thursday
- Cool season grass removal on the North course - Starting Monday we will begin by spraying out the cool season grasses which will improve playability but also improve the aesthetics by having a mono-stand of grass (the kikuyu-grass invasion will be dealt with on a later date). We will start with holes 18-16 and any problem areas will be sodded once they appear. Once completed we will do holes 1-3 and continue throughout the course.
- Drainage - Majority of our fairway bunkers drain very slowly and typically have standing water in them after a normal irrigation cycle. All the drains need to be repaired and I'm hoping to have most of the issues resolved on both courses by the end of July.
- Wet areas throughout the course
- Bunker depths and playability
- Cart-path repair
- Complete mulch and replace dead or dying landscape around the clubhouse and parking lot